Starborn® Structural H19 screws are designed for wood-to-wood connections in a variety of applications including decking, fencing, pergolas, landscape timbers, timber framing, and more. They are fully tested and code compliant alternatives to traditional lag screws and through-bolts, with no pre-drilling required. Structural H19 screws feature a hex washer head for maximum drivability, a unique Tri-Forge® point for reduced driving torque, and a high-adhesion exterior grade coating. The 6″ screw is ideal for truss or rafter to top plate connections and is a code compliant alternative to toe-nail connections, metal hurricane ties, and seismic clips.
- IRC/IBC code compliant
- No pre-drilling
- Comparable to 3/8″ lag screws
- 0.19″ shank diameter
- 5/16″ hex head for maximum drivability
- Tri-Forge® Point provides a fast star, minimal splitting, and reduced driving torque
- Speed-Knurl™ reduces friction on the unthreaded shank for faster installation
- Black exterior grade coating has high-adhesion and is an ACQ approved alternative to hot-dip galvanized coatings
CODE COMPLIANCE REPORTS
- Fastener Properties and Design Values (DrJ TER 1703-05)
- Truss or Rafter to Top Plate and Bottom Plate to Rim Board (DrJ TER 1703-02)
Lateral Design Values (lbf)
Length Head Marking* Thread Length “HF/SPF (0.42 SG)” “DF/SP/SCL (0.50 SG)” Z Perp Z Para Z Perp Z Para 2-7/8″ D19 2.9 1.4″ 230 230 225 245 4″ D19 4 2-1/4″ 305 230 300 345 6″ D19 6 2-1/2″ 8″ D19 8 10″ D19 10
*Indicates Diameter and Length
For complete technical information, visit starbornindustries.com
Length 20 pc 50 pc 250 pc 500 pc Item no. Case Qty. Item no. Case Qty. Item no. Item no. 2-7/8″ XH19CL0288 6 XH19CT0288 6 XH19CQ0288 XH19CV0288 4″ XH19CL0400 6 XH19CT0400 6 XH19CQ0400 XH19CV0400 6″ XH19CL0600 6 XH19CT0600 6 XH19CQ0600 XH19CV0600 8″ XH19CL0800 6 XH19CT0800 3 XH19CQ0800 10″ XH19CL1000 6 XH19CT1000 3 XH19CQ1000 (200 pc)
Black Exterior Grade Coating
Approved for use in ACQ and pressure treated lumber.
For salt water or other areas where corrosion is a concern, use Grade 316 Stainless.
5/16" Hex Head